Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Anna's Nursery & Play Time

I just can't get enough of my little cutie! As promised, here are some pictures of her newly-updated nursery. I haven't been crazy about making it too "baby," but I wanted to give Anna a nice place to play. Thanks to some great shelving from my friend Erin and her mom, a few hand-me-down decorations from my childhood bedroom, and tons of new toys from family members, Anna's play corner is set! Check it out:

Notice that Anna has a "sports' shelf" with her Titans picture, her Sounds baseball, and her Bengals dinosaur. She also has her own cd player. Can you tell she's her father's daughter?!?! On the other hand, the cd's are the two Glee soundtracks Jimmy got me for Christmas, so Anna's her mother's daughter too ;-)

On the left are two pictures of my grandma when she was a little girl. My grandma was with me the day Anna was born and instantly saw a connection between Anna and herself - they both have little dimples in the same place! The picture in the middle was drawn by one of my best friends from elementary school's mom. Anne and I had the same pictures hanging in our rooms! Finally there is the dorky-but-cool-at-the-same-time Sound of Music poster my friend Carrie found for me at a thrift store a while back. For Christmas Grandma Patty gave Anna a book of poetry compiled by Julie Andrews and her daughter, and Anna and I spent some time listening to the accompanying cd of Julie reading poetry today ... my goal is for Anna to be able to recite poetry in a British accent when she's older ;-)

This is an angel my mom painted for me when I was young. The colors go perfectly with Anna's room!

Now on to more cuteness ...

This is what happens to Anna's hair when I forget to brush it immediately after her bath:


And this is what it looks like the next morning when she wakes up:


I need to remember to grab my camera at the beginning of tummy time. Anna was smiling and reaching for these blocks for nearly ten minutes, only to start fussing once I had my camera in hand:

We sat and knocked over block towers for a while ...



Chilling out with her Glowworm from Aunt Penny:

Smiling at Mommy's funny faces:



Anna had her four-month checkup today. Developmentally all is well ... yeah! She has not been gaining the kind of weight the doctor would like to see ... Anna still only weighs 13 pounds (nowhere near doubling her birth weight yet) and is only 24 inches long. Cereal is in the near future to help put on some chubs!

2 comments:

  1. Cute play corner...I love Glee! Cute baby too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the additions to her room! She'll love playing in there - I can tell.

    ReplyDelete