Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cincinnati Visit, Part One

Anna and I have been having so much fun visiting friends and family in Cincinnati. We are trying to see everyone before Aunt Melissa and Uncle Jed's wedding on Saturday! Within an hour of arriving in Cincinnati on Saturday night, Anna's great grandma (Mama) and grandpa (Old Pa) came over to hold her while my mom, dad, and I ate dinner. They had fun talking to her and were shocked at how much bigger she was (they came down to Nashville for her birth).

Then Uncle Evan and Amanda came over for a visit!

Anna has been increasingly more alert and awake (I think it helps that her Grandma and Papa provide LOTS more stimulation) and has been sleeping more through the night - yeah! Here she is kicking and smiling at Grandma:


Anna helped cheer the Bengals to victory on Sunday in her cute onesie from Grandma Patty and Aunt Jess:


We also got to spend time with some dear college friends, Emily, Jane, and Melody. Jane was in town from Tuscon, so it was quite a treat to be all together!
Here is Jane with her almost-twelve-week-old Collette:

Anna remembered Emily and got quite comfy in her arms again:
Melody's eighteen-month-old, Cate, looked cute in her Halloween outfit:

Here's a group shot:
(Emily with Anna, me, Jane with Collette, and Melody with Cate)

I just had to take a picture to show off Anna's cute new polka-dot coat - I love it!


Monday included driving my mom to and from work (so I could have a car and show her off to my mom's friends at work), running some wedding errands, and hanging with Anna and my parents' pets. Darby was fascinated and sat by Anna the whole afternoon:


She even gave Anna a few kisses:

Cooper also enjoyed Anna. He kept grabbing at the toys in Anna's hands and wanted to be with her in the pack and play every time I changed her diaper:




A cute shot with Grandma and Papa:
More trip updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're having fun!! I hope you have a great time at the wedding, although I know you will. I LOVE the polk a dot jacket too!! Too cute! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun seeing you! I hope you had a good first week back. If you want some inspiration for another post, feel free to play along with the Honest Scrap Award...details on my latest blog post.

    ReplyDelete